Brandon estate from Kennington Park - photograph

Description:
This tower block, viewed from Kennington Park, is on the Brandon estate. Designed by E Hollamby in 1955-61, the estate included six 18-storey point blocks and 40 low-rise blocks, a doctor's surgery, a shopping precinct, a public library and a Henry Moore sculpture. They were the first towers over 15 storeys to be built by the London County Council.
Production Date:
1999
ID no:
MoL_IN37297
Maker:
Seaborne, Mike
Copyright:
�� Mike Seaborne

Bookmark with:

  • What are these?